When the last box is unloaded from the truck, the move isn’t over yet. Taking on all those boxes once they’re in the home is a different thing entirely. Unpacking isn’t a quick job, so it’s important to prioritize when unpacking. Here is a quick overview of the items that need to be unpacked quickly in order of importance.
1. Perishables/Food. Anything with its own internal ticking time clock that needs to be moved, like refrigerated/frozen food or beverages, should be handled first, otherwise they could go bad.
2. Hygiene Products. After the exhausting process of moving, the first thing you will want to do is shower. Bathroom needs like shampoos, toothpaste, toilet paper, soap, and deodorant are hardly optional, especially after a long and arduous moving process.
3. Items for kids and pets. Moving can be stressful for kids and pets and change is hard for them. To help them get comfortable and settled into their new surroundings quicker, make unpacking their items at the top of the list.
4. Kitchen. Eating out every night isn’t a lifestyle everyone can afford, either from a health or financial standpoint. Prioritize unpacking the dining items to ensure that the family will have a nice home-cooked meal sooner rather than later.
5. Bedding and Linens. After a long day of moving and showering, you will be ready to hit the sheets. Make sure boxes packed with bed linens are clearly marked and easy to access to be unpacked quickly.
Moving can be a stressful and long process. By following these simple unpacking tips, you will be set up and ready to go in your new home in no matter of time! Strongman Movers, LLC provides packing and unpacking services, call today for a free quote.