Panama City Beach is known for its 27 miles of sugar white sands along the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Panama City Beach is a tropical destination for many vacationers. Here are some fun facts you may not know about!
1. Panama City Beach is sub-tropical, with a year-round temperature averaging 74 degrees.
2. Panama City Beach is known as the “Seafood Capital of the South,” and offers an array of dining options to please all palates including award-winning restaurants, casual beachfront cafes and family-friendly restaurants.
3. Home to the world famous St. Andrews State Park, Shell Island off the coast of Panama City Beach, is one of the few barrier islands that has 4 distinct habitats, ocean, sand dune, deciduous forest and lake. Ranked #2 by TripAdvisor on the list of top 10 beaches in the United States, visitors can enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing or just relaxing along the pristine beach.
4. Jim Carrey’s movie, “The Truman Show” was filmed just down the road from Panama City Beach in Seaside.
5. The city has a year round population of just over 12,000.
6. Panama City Beach boasts one of the highest concentrations of bottlenose dolphins in the world.
7. Also known as the shipwreck capital of the south, for its many shipwrecks off the Gulf coast.
If you are looking to get away for Spring Break or a family friendly tropical vacation, Panama City Beach may be the place for you!