Everyone claims that whenever they visit New York, they get hooked; they catch the NYC bug, but it is so true! The view from Rockefeller Centre, the feeling you get walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, the heart-racing pulse from walking up 5th avenue and the sense of peacefulness whilst sitting in Central Park are just a few reasons why you should visit this incredible city.
1. Grand Central Station. New York literally has the best tourist attractions to offer, and what makes it even more amazing is that every street looks like a movie set.
2. The incredible Broadway shows. The list in honestly endless: from Wicked and Mamma Mia to Hairspray and The Lion King, it’s hard not to find something that interests you. The costumes, the theatre and the experience alone should make you want to quit life and pack your bags to move to NYC.
3. 9/11 Memorial. We’re all aware of how much the devastating event impacted the city, but this memorial shows how strong New York-ers are. They’ve built a cultural and beautiful monument to commemorate the lives of those who were involved. The waterfall itself is just so peaceful that you forget you’re in the middle of one of the busiest cities.
4. The Statue of Liberty. Ah, the Lady herself! Staring at the symbol of hope and freedom gives you some sense of excitement and its an incredible monument.
5. Central Park. One of the main reasons to go to the city….is well, to leave the city. Central Park offers peace and quiet from the bustling streets of New York. Sometimes it’s nice to grab a coffee and just stroll the park.
6. Times Square. We’ve all seen it in the movies, and in real life it does not disappoint. It’s bright, loud and it’s busy…yet it’s amazing. There is so much energy and life flowing through Times Square you start to understand why New York is called the city that never sleeps.
These are just a few of the must see places when visiting New York, though the city has much more to offer!